Monday 6 June 2016

Pink Dot day = Mourning day

The build-up to Pink Dot rally on 4 Jun this year was tough. For the past two years, I wore white with some conviction and ignorance. This year, I wore my sackcloth, black and white, to signify mourning.
True enough, on that day, I started crying in the train on the way to church.
I looked at the people around me. Who is wearing pink, who is wearing white? Since when are people differentiated by shirt colours? I cannot express how pathetic I felt, on how things have developed. I understand all the reasons for wearing white but I cannot agree with this way of dealing with a serious matter. Throughout worship till end of service, I kept crying and went for prayer. I saw a vision of a huge (God?) plucking out people from Pink Dot, one by one. True enough, this 8th year of Pink Dot is the beginning of the dwindle. Numbers are dropping.
Why can't people be united to show God's love, like what 3:16 church is doing? They produced 2 testimonies of people coming face-to-face with same-sex attraction. They are convinced by God to overcome temptation rather than succumb to it. Why can't the churches unite to produce such videos, to support more people with same-sex attraction?
Because this year was my first time choosing not to wear white, I admit I am sensitive to what people say. I don't agree does not mean I don't stand with God. Standing with church does not always mean I stand with God. I even took offence with people easily yesterday. I believe it is also spiritual attack because we were praying against Pink Dot.
Plainly speaking, this wear white movement divides the already divided church unnecessarily. What would Jesus say to once a year unity? Is this what Jesus want us to do?
Unity depends on the issues.
Don't wear white doesn't mean anything.
The posture in wearing white is not right.
Just because any one person is a person of position does not mean that the careless words she say are always right.
After church, I saw groups of people wearing pink and they look at me, thinking I am the white.
It was a tough weekend.
But it's a learning experience. Persevere on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.