Wednesday 8 November 2017

Tribute to Mum

19 November would be 23 years since my mum passed away.
Each time I talk about her, tears would threaten to fall and I would pause to catch myself. Death has no more sting but separation is real. It was hardest for me when I came to Christ and I didn't even know if anyone spoke to her about Jesus in the hospital. I will trust God's sovereignty for He had already given me the second best gift after salvation; a mum who modeled sacrificial love to me since I first knew her...
In recent years, I have always wondered how she felt when I was born, fragile as bean curd. Would she have aborted me if technology was so advanced then? Deep in my heart I know she would not, because the responsibility of motherhood was very strong in her. I was her child, that was enough reason to bring me up. I am grateful to my dad too. If not for him, I know it would be impossible for my mum to give me the best care.
I can empathize how it is like to have a child with special needs. It is really tough. But isn't life tough for everyone?
I thank God that even after so many years of her death, all I have are beautiful memories of her. She did not die in vain. God made me a stronger person through her death.
19 years with mum. Short years but so full of love.
Love that was full of tears and joy.
This is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.