Thursday 28 December 2017

The crisis of our faith

The crisis of our faith today lies not in threats without but threats within.
Inside the secret corners of our heart, when we think we stand, we fall.
I write this to remind myself too.
This year has been a very fruitful year but yet a most heartbreaking one.
When faith becomes, "God, You will bless me in this, this and that. Because You love me, You will give me this, this and that."
God, You are my Santa Claus.
Honestly that's what I sense all around if God had not brought certain friends in my life to wake me up.
This is not what Jesus died on the cross for.
We even brought this prosperity "Gospel" to developing countries. We think money solves all problems. We are best in giving money, slack in training people to learn to fish for themselves.
It takes so much to empower and enable people in developing countries to create with their hands, work with their brain to get out of the poverty cycle.
Just give money. Easy, saves time and effort, makes us feel good instantaneously.
Pride. Our greatest enemy.
Even to write this takes effort.
To follow Christ is really hard. To invest time and effort in people is tiring because we do get hurt.
To obey God is the hardest because it is contrary to our flesh.
No one warned me it is this hard.
No one prepare me that my heart will break for people who don't even bother, for embryos, for the unborn, for the teens, for the Church, for our nation.
I thank God for exposing me to all these.
Because it is His heart that must take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.