Saturday 18 August 2018

Life is about daring to TRY!

Lord, I pray that I will do what I preach, that I will be courageous to TRY!
Today's "weather" was exceptionally good, in contrast to the weather outside. Boy got 9/10 for excellent behaviour!
I agree that the Chinese cloze passage for P2 is hard. Nevertheless the rules still stand.
"不知道不知道不知道了不知道丽。。。" He read throughout the passage. He only recognised certain words from the textbook and the rest is 不知道.
I sat there, arms folded, trying very hard not to laugh, my encouraging eyes on him, to convey the message that I am serious about him filling in the 5 blanks, despite his many 不知道.
Think he got 3 correct. See? You don't need to be able to read all the words to be able to do your work!
The first try is never about getting the right answers. It is a test of perseverance, to try your very best even when you don't know. I am satisfied with wrong answers but I'm most annoying to every kid when I see a blank.
It's all about daring to try.
Life is not about knowing all the correct answers on the first try. It is about perseverance and the courage to try despite the many difficulties faced.
This is the skill that I pray that my boy would understand one day. I'm learning it day by day.
Already at 8 years old, he was reminiscing that I was fiercer to him in the beginning of the year because he was naughtier...now I'm nicer...
I looked and him and I'm like "wow"!
有前途!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.