Tuesday 5 November 2019

9th letter to our beloved Emmanuelle

My dearest Emmanuelle,

last Sunday I texted your mummy if she wanted to come out with you. 
I can even travel all the way to meet you gals.
She didn't reply. I also didn't bother to ask her anymore.
What's the point?
How can I keep chasing for a response?
How can I force anyone to be close to me?
No one can do that to me too.
It is nearly 1 and a half years since you were conceived and I reached out to her.
Now I understand a little bit of how it must be heartbreaking for God to send Jesus to die on the cross for even those who may never receive Him.
Your mummy and I were like strangers before your conception.
I am closer to my 3 elder sisters (your three older aunts) because we have the same Mummy.
They have loved me since I was a baby.
I just honored your aunts publicly on Sunday and thought I want to continue to build the relationship with your mummy and you, of course.
You and mummy are our family's lost babes.
I can understand a bit of how your mummy must feel, as if being abandoned by the family.
I have done my best in trying to bridge the gap.
I have come to realize that it's alright that each one of us needs time to come back to the family.
Didn't I take more than a decade?
I need to be patient with others just as others have been patient with me.
So unless your mummy wants to come forward, I guess I can only see you on your 1st birthday celebration on 7 December.
I think I will cry when I see you.
It's like you are so near and yet so far.
I told God I want to stop mourning over the losses.
I cannot keep on like this.
I want to lead my own life with God.
The best thing I have done was to dedicate you and mummy to God.
Wherever you gals are, God is with you.
During the time-out period, I thought as long as you are alive, even if you are not close to us, I am contented.
That's love.
Love does not mean possessing that person but wishing that person well.
Is that how God loves us?
I love you, baby.
One day you will know your roots and know Jesus.
All of us are accountable to Him so I refuse to be afraid of what people will say about me, about our family.
Now I only have gratitude to God for putting me in this family.
I am the peacemaker of our family.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9) 
The harvest is in our family.
I pray for more labourers.
Love you, my darling.
You are in His safe arms.
He loves you and mummy much more than I can ever do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.