Thursday 7 May 2015

Whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved

For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? 
And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? 
And how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach unless they are sent? 
As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!” (Romans 10:13-15)

Many times people talk about these verses as referring to spreading the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ to other countries.
Today, it hit me that because of our own fears, agendas, legitimate concerns tho not based on faith in God, prejudices and bias and many other factors, we have failed to preach the gospel of peace, of healing, of authentic love, of hope, of His truth to those we presume not deserving of God's love, mercy and grace. 
Our harvest is right here, in Singapore, where people are flocking in from abroad.
As I always say and believe, the barriers in life, in loving God and sharing this love to others are in our mind and heart. 
I always ask God, "Why did I suffer so much before I allow Him in? 
What if I never had a friend who stood with that unlovable, self-righteous me then, to give me hugs and shower me with prayers and being there for me, would I ever know who Jesus is and how valuable I am to Him?
I would never know unless someone brought me glad tidings of good things and the peace that I crave all my life. 
I thank God that my friends did not deem me hopeless then. 
I would be totally hopeless now.
DON'T choose who you want and don't want to share Christ with. 
That's self-righteousness, not of God.
Remember: Each of us is made in God's image and Jesus died for everyone, regardless of the nature of our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.