Saturday 30 May 2015

We need you, fathers!

Have always heard and read about how a father relates to his child can affect the child tremendously. For a gal, how she sees men and relates to them. 
For a boy, how he becomes a man and treats women.
Lately, God revealed to me about how I was and still am affected by my own earthly dad. 
He helped me see the fault lines in all that I couldn't understand in the past. 
It's not just about my dad but also the circumstances that I was in and then not knowing Christ, I was blind. 
As I talked to others, I began to piece the missing puzzles together and though on this side of the earth, I can't see the complete puzzle yet but God has the picture ready, even before my birth.
I had a complete family but I have always felt that I grow up in a single-parent family. 
Someone said that the reason why our fathers aren't what we hope them to be is also because of the circumstances they were brought up in. 
They weren't given the nutrients they needed to grow. 
How and what can they give when they haven't received?
Some people say, those who don't have a father figure in their lives find it hard to relate to God as our Abba Father. 
For me, it's the complete opposite. 
It is because now that I know a perfect heavenly Father, I can learn and choose to see my earthly father with His eyes. 
It's tough, when viewpoints and personality are as the east is from the west. 
It's tough when there wasn't a foundation to begin with. 
I rely on His courage and His word each time.
So FATHERS, be involved! 
You play a crucial role in how your kids bloom. 
Never let them feel that they have a single parent when it's a duet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.