Saturday 27 February 2016

Living out You in my life

In every victory, let it be said of me, my source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone!
Yesterday was a great victory in You O Lord!
7 months since I have ploughed and finally my letter, Your letter was published!
Didn't know I needed to wait for 7 months, like 7 months of resting in You.
Life is a process of waiting on You.
I waited for 3 people to contact me but none did as yet.
Some wanted to introduce students to me but none materialized.
Some assignments are on hand but I don't feel led to take.
Because I'm awaiting that big thing to come.
Oh, what is it? When will it come?
I don't know.
I just know I only need to be faithful with what You have given me now.
I have lots to do but time, you run so fast.
I'm learning to be patient.
I'm learning to watch and observe.
I'm learning that indeed, the head knowledge that God's timing is not our timing is true to the tee.
It's living out You in my life.
The sense of loss inside, the many whys in my mind, I surrender to You.
A life surrendered to You is my testimony.
My testimony of overcoming anything is just a portion of this life.
It's not the main thing, it's not my identity.
My identity is not 'overcomer of physical disability etc'.
That's not what I see myself as nor what I would portray myself as to others.
I can't control how others choose to see me but I definitely can align myself to what You call me to be.
And so I wait.
While the heart insists that there may be a hole, the Spirit says I am whole.
My greatest treasure is You.
If indeed so, I am whole.
All other people and things are bonuses.
Thank You Lord for loving me.
Truly, what am I that You take such great care of me?
I am mere dust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcqria2wmg


Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I, that the bright and morning star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart?

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You told me who I am

I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again?
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me?

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.