Sunday 28 February 2016

When God multiplied 1 by 4

This morning I wrote on my Facebook wall, "Mid Dec this year, I will celebrate my 1st decade with the One I love most! I'm excited, never mind that the year started bumpy but the taste of victory is sweeter in every instance. God also speaks through His people and I always thank God for you, Pastor Michael. You are one of the many who inspires me on this journey of faith.
Indeed, life with Christ is a surrendered one. God is Lord over our relationships, our ambitions, our possessions and over this breath of life that He has given us. He is the source of all strength, joy and hope. Our Lord will use you to inspire many more like me! I thank God for Coos, for guiding us on this narrow path! Many heartfelt thanks to my family and frens for sharing my joy n pain! This my greatest treasure that I will not forsake - Jesus Christ!"
Oh Lord, let me cling on to You and never let go!
Then I went to hear R's testimony. I was expecting a sermon followed by the testimony. Little did I know it's J sharing about his son, followed by 3 testimonies.
Isn't my Lord great and awesome? I went for one testimony but He gave me four!
J's son used to be afraid of cars in a carpark and being in the lift. Because he was very young and small, all he could do was to reach out for his father who is of course taller than him in the midst of the crowd and above the height of cars.
Then J would lift up his son on his shoulder and his son would not be afraid anymore.
Isn't this just like how our Abba Father lift us up, close to His chest, at His level to see what's happening around us?
In this way, don't we get to know our Abba Father better and that He is always there to lift us up, if we would lift up our eyes to Him?
In reality, when we face problems, we tend to look down. In actual fact, we should look up!
I will lift up my eyes to the hills- 
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord, 
Who made heaven and earth. 
He will not allow my foot to be moved;
He who keeps me will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
(Psalm 121:1-4)
K killed someone when he was in the secret society. But because he was before 18 years old, he was in prison for an indefinite period. By God's mercy and grace, he came to Christ in the prison and 4 times being in solitary confinement brought him closer to God. He read the whole of God's Word during the confinement. He was released after 13 years when it could be many more years.
Presently K is studying in the School of Theology and wants to serve our Lord full-time. Like me, he heard the name of Jesus at 7 years old. His tutor shared the Gospel with him. That really encourages me. Isn't what I'm doing now so impactful? Let the children come to Jesus. That's my goal, O Lord!
S is amazing. He came to Christ through 3 Christian friends who showed him so much love. We his spiritual family must be there to support him. Praise be to God for the family of Christ! And yes, at only 21 years old, he aspires to be a pastor! I'm amazed at his maturity and learn quite a bit from him about evangelism.
R's testimony is one that I have heard 3 times now. Courage is so needed to share what is in the heart. When R spoke that he broke God's heart, I was touched. 
God, how many times have we, have I break Your heart?
I break Your heart when I am discontented with my life.
I break Your heart when I take Your victory for me lightly.
I break Your heart when I compare myself with others.
I break Your heart when I idolize others.
I break Your heart when I don't know Your heart or take You lightly.
Lord, break my heart for what breaks Yours.
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause.
Thank You Lord.
My days will always start and end with my heartfelt thanks to You.   
What are others doing?
Hey Serene, look first at what God is doing with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.