Sunday 20 December 2015

Layers and layers I will tear apart, to heal your wounding heart

When I was in school, we liked to wrap our little present with layers of newspapers to trick the receiver that the gift looks bigger than it really was. 
It was also to increase the excitement of opening a gift. 
Then today I thought, ah, that's like our heart.
But our heart is more like a dumpling, wrapped tightly n in knots that can't be untangled easily. 
Hung up there, waiting for someone, that someone to bring the dumpling down, untangle the string with great patience, unwrap the leaves gently and there you are, soft, vulnerable but so real. 
It's you, that child in you, so like me, in need of authentic love, care and concern. 
All you need is for me to love you with truth. 
Truth that's not comfortable to you but you know me. 
We have a relationship.
He said, "Layers and layers I will tear apart, to heal your wounding heart."
Not just for you. 
Also for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.