Thursday 31 December 2015

The best place to be at is the place I need to be

In the lift going to the platform of Orchard MRT, this young lady was alone with me. Suddenly, she said, "Happy New Year to myself!" I was like stunned. She wasn't speaking to anyone on the phone. Then I turned and looked at her, wanting to catch her attention, perhaps to say a new year greeting or...But she looked at me for a split second and left.

Was drizzling on the way home. Heavy rain when I'm home. Always thankful to God for such moments. When inconveniences arise, without God in our lives, we would have cursed, we would get angry, we would blame everyone except ourselves but with God in our lives, we can say with confidence, "Lord, You have something in mind. Everything that had happened, is happening and will happen, You have already written in Your book for us."

As each day unfolds, You reveal a little more. This fact inspires me to look forward to each day, even when this moment can be difficult...

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting (neglecting, no longer caring for, forgotten, given over to oblivion) those things which are behind and REACHING FORWARD to those things which are AHEAD. (Philippians 3)

It is when our hands are not tightly clasped that we can behold new and greater things, much more than what our mind and heart can imagine. Actions are needed to let go of the past, no matter how sweet or bitter, they are the past and cannot be the same anymore. Reaching forward is to stretch out to or towards, to stretch (one's self) forward to those greater things which are in front, before us. Greater things, so near yet so far. 
God says, "Come." We say, "No!" or "Wait!"

The rejections we face every day, accumulated over the years, He said, "What you have experienced is just a little of the rejections I faced at the cross."

I stopped. Yes. Lord, You are right. And I'm honoured to feel a little of what You felt and are still feeling. And my perspective changed. 

The best place to be at is the place I need to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.