Sunday 5 February 2017

35/365 Conditions for overcoming temptations

Before Christ, I used to grab every positive sentence to keep myself alive. Sounds good, ok, into my brain and soul it will stay. Right or wrong? As long as it helps my situation, it doesn't matter. I guess God made me super sensitive to words. I was super sensitive and I guess I still have much room for improvement.
Then I realized God can use this weakness of mine and turned it into strength. I thank God that all these ten years, He sent the best teachers to guide me on this journey. He gave me wise counsellors.
"Temptations cannot succeed when you have a revelation that you are God's beloved."
-Joseph Prince, "Destined to reign"
Of course all of us are God's beloved. Does that need revelation? It's all written in His word, in Jesus' nail-pierced hands. Didn't Adam and Eve know that more than us? God first made them and walked with them in the Garden of Eden. Yet they succumbed to temptation even though they knew that they are God's beloved.
I too, for that 1 second thought that the sentence sounds right and of course very 'good'.
"For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." (Hebrews 5)
Knowing God and His word is hard work. Don't let anyone do what we are supposed to do ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.