Friday 17 February 2017

47/365 I am a friend of God

I don't have a best friend.
When I was a kid, people asked who my best friend is. Maybe it's the hospital because I grew up there. As I grow older, I made more friends. Who is your best friend? Maybe it's Ling, because we once shared that melancholic, romantic personality in NUS.
Yesterday. Oh, I don't have a best friend. Suddenly felt crestfallen because isn't that a 'failure' in the eyes of the world?
Wait. Isn't my best Friend Jesus? He is in heaven. It's the Holy Spirit! My best Friend guiding me every day to be in the company of wise friends.
Let your human best friend of the opposite gender be your spouse and none other.
Thank God that I have good friends. Friends who accompany me in His good path. Friends who care about issues that I cannot understand the reason for.
Reminded each time I need to be reminded:
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6)
Sweet thought! We have a Friend above,
Our weary, faltering steps to guide,
Who follows with His eye of love
The precious child for whom He died.
—Anon.
I have the best best Friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.