Sunday 9 August 2015

Comfort food

Grapes has such a great sentimental value to me.
I don't think anyone peels away the skin of a grape now. 
After my surgery, my mum would peel the skin of a grape and put it against my lips as I wouldn't be able to eat or drink after the surgery. 
It was always sweet and refreshing and I guess the love of my mum made it so much sweeter and the pain a little bearable after the anesthesia.
After her death, suddenly I love to eat grapes. 
It is a comfort food for me, acquired over the years. 
It reminds me of my mum's selfless love for me.
It also reminds me of Jesus describing Himself as the Vine and we His branches. 
We can do nothing without Him.
Milo is my comfort drink.
When I was at my lowest and couldn't eat, Milo made my heart warm, at least for a while.
Now that I have Jesus, He is the ultimate source of comfort. 
Everything, everyone belongs to Him, including my mum whom He has given me.
Praise be to Jesus!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.