Thursday 27 August 2015

Love can't stay silent

Some choose to die while others yearn to live.
A church mate was diagnosed with stomach cancer today.
My heart is heavy.
She's such a courageous woman, caring for the souls of strangers even while in hospital.
What does one do when one received such news?
I kept thinking, what if it's me?
My mum died of cancer.
What if it's me?
I would definitely be at a loss like her.
But I would definitely hang on to God, like her.
Who else can we turn to?
All the fights in this world, the trivial things in life are nothing when one is faced with life and death.
Not much time left.
I feel like I'm rushing all the time.
I'm grabbing hold of time, I hate to waste time.
I don't understand how anyone can be bored cos I don't have time to be bored.
I don't know so much about God and His Word, I don't know enough current affairs, I am stuck in how to have breakthroughs in writing formal letters, I don't know how to relate to my dad...
But thank God, in the many 'don't knows', I do see what I can do which I thought I can't.
I know I expect myself to excel in many areas of my life, maybe sometimes a little too harsh on myself.
It's because I know that I can only do it by God's strength.
Therefore I want to rise up to the challenge.
The education that did not come easy for me, I'm not gonna waste it.
The testimonies I have in Christ, I'm not going to hide them.
The unique qualities, strengths and gifts that God has bestowed on me, let me use them.
Why do I sense that time is running out?
Not that I'm dying.
Because many people are perishing?
A world that works by simple rules becomes complicated.
Humans who desire to be loved spurn love in its purest form.
What does God think about us, His people who complicate themselves?
I imagine Him shaking His head, hands stretched out wanting to embrace His hurting people.
But where are you?
When would you all come back?
Are you ready when I come back?
Meanwhile you and I do not stop working.
We don't know how many would listen but we wouldn't stop speaking.
Love can't stay silent.
That I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.