Monday 14 October 2019

Thoughts on that PRAISE REPORT from LifeFest 2019

I have been pondering on why God gave me that beautiful and divine encounter with the single mum from China at LifeFest 2019.
Praise report at Love A Stranger Facebook Page 

A testimony has both personal and Kingdom impact.
We overcome the accuser of our brethren, who accused us before our God day and night by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony and by not loving our lives to the death. 
(Revelations 11:10-11) 

Personal:
- Maybe God wants to bless my heart by letting me bless a mother's heart. He knows how much I want to bless my mum with the greatest Treasure I have now because she passed away when I was 19 and not in Christ.
- One day, there will be a testimony of family support and reconciliation from the single mum in my family. He gives me that hope now.

Kingdom:
- An unsupported pregnancy is a symptom of our fallen nature. Our role in helping is not just the saving of a baby but of a family since it is a family crisis. It is not just a family that we are invested in but of a nation that is built by stable and healthy families. Ultimately our nation does not need our utmost loyalty. It is the Kingdom of God that we are advancing. 
So what is LifeFest to me? 
It is a worthy heavenly investment on earth as it is in heaven. We celebrate life, from the womb to the grave, regardless of ability, size, location, status, wealth and health.

- A tourist from China. Haven't we been thinking about Hong Kong and China? So what if the lady is a loyal supporter of the Communist Party? She is flesh and blood, not a threat to anyone. This encounter reminds me not to demonise anyone who disagrees with our worldview, no matter how much we think we are right. All of us have good and evil in our heart. Our heart is easily deceived. Our goodness is nothing apart from God. (Psalm 16) 
As I am learning, let us not take sides. To be Kingdom-oriented is not to be entangled with the affairs of this life. (2 Timothy 2)

- God's goodness is not constrained by locality. God's word and works go international. A Chinese tourist is blessed while on vacation here. Who else cannot be blessed by LifeFest 2020 and beyond?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.