Tuesday 23 June 2015

Afterthoughts from ARISE, ISSACHAR! Inaugural Worldview Camp

Random check with some youths in the camp.
"Are you ok? Is it too much for you?"
"It's ok!"
I think it's me who was not too ok.
My head grew heavier each day.
Must be because I haven't studied in school for so long and these youths are either still schooling or fresh out of school or simply because they are younger!
It was a crash course on worldviews!
It was almost 12 hours for 3 days!
We had physical, spiritual and intellectual food for 5 days and 4 nights.
It was an extraordinary camp organized by Leo and Roxanne plus their very enthusiastic little girl who was ever ready to practise her public speaking skills at a tender age of two!
Truly a public speaker in the making.
I had good food, learnt from passionate speakers and forged new friendships.
I remember hearing the life story of your family, in awe of God's power in your lives.
I miss the camaraderie that we have, deliberately cutting myself off from the chaotic world outside.
Especially touched by what Jason Wong shared about how to respond in times like this where evil thrives.
Four groups of people struggling with homosexuality: the activists, the ones who are moderate, the strugglers and the overcomers.
We pray for activists to turn from Saul to Paul.
We pray that those who are moderate will not become strugglers.
We pray for overcomers to come out and tear down the lies of the activists.
I felt renewed with hope.
I still have hope, even for the toughest activist for only God sees the full picture.
On the last day of the camp, Professor Thio spoke about the sacrifices we need to make as disciples of God.
My tears flowed down like a river.
I used to cry with such great sorrow that I made people cry.
My cries were heart wrenching even to myself.
After I received Christ, no matter what happened, I don't remember crying as if I have no hope.
I become used to tears flowing down my cheeks, softly, unending and many times cannot be explained by logic.
My tears cleansed me from within.
I know there's no turning back.
Why would I turn back on God who gave me a new life, literally?
I cried because I'm touched by Him.
If there is anything particular that I can take back from this camp, it is this magical moment of cleansing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.