Thursday 25 June 2015

I was that lost sheep

Life is sharing about our lives.
From 9+ am to 7+ pm today, my full-time, very important mission was to share about God's work in my life with a new believer and my ex-students.
Working as a tutor is my ministry and a source of income.
Always tell people that I don't need a lot of money.
I have never been in lack, praise the Lord!
I desire His pleasure in me, His 'well-done', His rewards and to share His burden as His daughter.
My life has been turned upside down.
The more I walk on His path, the more I don't recognize myself.
I think I literally sense God's grief inside of me towards His people.
My heart becomes so heavy that I want to scream, "Why God? Why am I thinking and feeling so differently? Am I weird?"
Maybe there are people who think and feel the same.
I need clarity.
I need to know if I'm wrong.
I tried to analyse my train of thoughts, if I have overreacted, if I have been slow in listening to others......
Then, yesterday He filled my mind and heart with this parable in Luke 15.
Haven't been reading this part of His word so when I was reminded of this the whole day, my heart became very heavy.   
When many turn against one person, when it seems logical that I should think and do likewise, I grieve with that one lost person.
Finally I sense a little of what it's like for God to treasure one lost sheep over ninety-nine other sheep.
All the sheep were safe, no food-poisoning.
God allowed me to go to developing countries whereby I honestly don't know what unhygienic food I have eaten unconsciously but hey, I'm alive, strong and healthy, by His grace.
I do not say this to negate any preventive measures that should always be put in place.
After all, doesn't God call for excellence in us?
I am reminded of how we have all sinned and yet God sent His only Son to die on the cross for us. 
But we, we cannot even tolerate a mistake made by a fellow being.
Not just in this case but in many other cases whereby everyone throws the first stone at the sinner cos we all presume that none of us has sinned.
I know what it's like to be self-righteous cos I was exactly like that many years ago.
So it's very painful to see myself in so many people.
Am I still self-righteous?
Yes.
That's why we need God's righteousness!
We are nothing apart from Him.
The pathetic thing about us is we think so BIG of ourselves that I imagine God looking down at our swollen heads and hearts and shake His head.
Why have they not learnt their lessons?
Why are they not like Me?
To stay humble is a very difficult thing.
The moment we think we are not proud, we are already proud.
The plumb line: God's word
Who is supposed to remind one another to stay humble?
Shouldn't it be you and me?
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
I truly would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.

Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen the hearts of you and me;
Wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psalm 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.