Sunday 28 June 2015

Let me shout it out from the rooftop!

Everyone knows I am God-crazy cos 99.9% of my posts on Facebook are about Jesus.
Friends who knew me in the past, I think they don't know me now.
I wonder how many want to associate with me or even read any of my posts.
Do I care?
I care not because I need anyone to like or read my posts.
I care because as a friend, all I want to do is to share how God has transformed my life.
Who doesn't want to share the best with friends, even strangers?
Everyone seems to be leading a good life online but we know otherwise.
We are all struggling with issues, we are all trying to cope with the demands of life.
Sharing online may not be the best way to share about life but it is one way.
The best sharing that any human can have with another is a face-to-face meeting, where eyes can be met, hands can be touched, hearts can be stirred and prayers can be heard.
Alas, people have no time.
And so here I am, believing that we don't just edify our family in Christ but that we reach out and involve people who may question our faith though they will want to know more if we are willing to share the victories of our lives through Christ with them.
I did ask God.
It's hard, You know, to be open about the struggles in our lives.
People will think I love to expose myself, I'm 'boasting' about how good my life is so as to 'promote' Christ, I'm imposing my faith on others etc.
Our God does not need us to 'promote' Him.
He created us and is obvious to all. 
When I said Yes to Christ, I already don't have certain privacy about my life anymore.
My story is His story and now His story is my story.
My victories belong to Him, just like my battles.
My mind is full of His word cos if it's not, it's full of negative things about myself and others and they are mostly lies!
It's not that I'm religious, holy holy...
But one thing is true, we are to be holy like Him!
My struggle lies in how to help people see that the thoughts of everyone comes from somewhere and that mine comes from my Lord.
How do I proclaim my faith to you, letting you know that I had and do have real struggles and it's my mind that changes the way I now see things?
Someone changed my mind and heart and He is Jesus.
Just like how you allow your thinking to be fixed about me, about the issues of your life, about why you exist.
Where did your thinking come from?
Before I received Christ, my family, friends, books, circumstances etc shaped my thoughts and hardened my heart.
I was cynical, insecure, couldn't trust anyone except myself.
Now I want to always trust God and honestly trust myself less cos I know my heart can deceive me too easily.
I learn to give people the benefit of the doubt.
I learn to be more strict with myself rather than with others because our God searches our minds and hearts.
I want to have the fear of the Lord rather than of man.
Everyone used to say that I was too sensitive to people's remarks and actions and that was the main cause of my misery before I received Christ.
I remember I lamented on why I'm so sensitive such that I get hurt easily, I hurt others and friendships were lost as a result.
Recently I realise that God actually has a purpose for me being sensitive to others.
He harnesses it for a good use and He gives me the boldness to call out human weakness for what it is.
Nice words for sexual immorality?
Sugar-coated words to cover irrational fear and self-centredness?
Mind our own business?
Sorry, that's saying I don't care about you.
If Christianity is real and I truly believe it to be so, let me shout it out from the rooftop and not be ashamed of my faith.
Whether you believe it or not, you have no excuse that you have not seen nor heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.