Sunday 28 June 2015

Christianity is for the common good

Leading people to Christ without manifesting the power of God in our lives FOR THE COMMON GOOD is fruitless.
Christianity is not just about God and me. If it is purely that, then it's god and me and that god is me.
Living in this world claiming that our eternal home is in heaven and that we don't have to bother about what's happening now is self-denial.
Every day, you will have people coming to you, struggling with marital problems, juvenile delinquency, depression, criminal issues......
Do you just say, "I pray with you. God will help you."?
Worse is to pray that and go away, leaving the person alone because you yourself don't even bother to help that person in practical ways.
God helps us in sending the right people, the needed resources at the right time.
Who will do the work?
People like you and me who are in this world but not of the world.
People like you and me who impact the society as a whole, not people who are just 'god and me'.
Telling people 'God is good' is very vague.
Showing people how God works in our lives is great.
Journeying with that person and showing how the goodness of our Lord impact the society for the common good is what each one of us should do.
After all, we are all affected by what's happening in the society, whether we believe it or not.
I know of people who say, "God had already said that times are going to get even worse so why are we trying to stop it?"
Then I think, "We are going to die anyway, why live a better life each day?"
His Kingdom come, His will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
We pray His kingdom on earth.
That is what Jesus wants us to pray and see it fulfilled ON EARTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.