Thursday 4 June 2015

Rock the boat!

Was in a seminar by Pastor Benny in church today. 
A lady from another church was there. 
She said that seeing me having the joy of the Lord in spite of my disability encourages her. Frankly speaking, I always feel uncomfortable when people say that. 
To me, I expect myself to be like anyone, no special treatment when it comes to the things of God. 
I don't see how using a wheelchair or being a little different from others make me especially different. 
Anyway, all of us come in different shapes and sizes. 
So that thought lingered in my mind as I talked to her. 
Then I remembered, what if God uses me to encourage her? 
If God uses me in this way, who am I to say no despite my discomfort?
Being right-handed, my left hand is weak. 
Thanks to Pastor Benny who encouraged us to use our left hand which is not from our comfort zone. 
I never like to draw attention to my disability for I choose to see ability. 
But if God uses me for His glory and people see that in me, I should learn to embrace it and remember that God uses us in any way He wishes.
God uses us in any way He wishes. 
That in most part does not come from our comfort zone.
Being a disciple of Christ is to get used to being uncomfortable. 
Or put it simply, there is no comfort zone in the works of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.