Thursday 4 June 2015

Pray together with the body of Christ

Last Tuesday, something that never happened before, happened. 
I was crying from what could have happened but by the hand of God, I was saved! 
Then I called my friend whom I just had lunch with and asked her to pray for me because I was totally shaken and many bad thoughts invaded my mind. 
Though I told a few friends what had happened, there was only one who told me to keep praying.
Keep praying. 
Let's keep praying!
I do pray. 
Usually by myself. 
Sometimes, I make effort to go for prayer and praise meetings. 
A little reluctantly cos I would prefer to pray alone at home. 
But I would always thank the Lord each time that I went cos I would get bolder in praying with the church.
Why the resistance? 
I find it a little uncomfortable (being self-conscious to pray in front of others...) and for the main part, it's laziness to go to church for twice a month prayer meetings (different type) on top of bible study...
It's never about inconvenience since I travel all around. 
It's laziness and not having the zest for praying together as a group. 
It's not recognizing how important it is to pray together!
We know our God. 
He will always make sure we get the same message again and again until we obey. 
Along the way, I get many reminders from different people and I finally went for a particular prayer meeting that I have never been to.
I realise many things. 
I thoroughly enjoy that time of worshiping together and it's when we are together that we become persistent in praying. 
We stand in the gap for parents and their children, for those struggling with issues...
We cannot overemphasize the great importance of this gift of praying that our Lord has bestowed on us. Free, of immense power from on high, can be anytime, anywhere and with anyone.
Is any word that is from a sincere heart to our Lord redundant? 
Why should we be so self-conscious about the words to say? 
Before we even say anything, He already knows.
Who can stop us from praying? 
Only ourselves. 
As the Lord put in me a prayerful heart, I pray the same for you. 
Pray as a church. 
Pray in groups. 
It's entirely different from praying alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.