Tuesday 16 June 2015

Whose standard do we follow?

To acknowledge that we fall short of God's glory is step 1.
To not to turn back and cling on to His mercy and grace and live a life that is pleasing unto Him is to spurn all that He has lavished on us.
The fear of the Lord is like an umbrella. Once we step out of His umbrella, we are no longer under His covering.
How can we hear Him when we choose to leave His shelter?
How do we love Him when we pick and choose what we want to obey?
Who is King? There is only ONE King.
It is tough. No one told me when I received Christ that I have to surrender my life TOTALLY.
No one told me that I cannot be the queen of my life anymore.
From my few years of journeying with my King, the sooner we surrender every issue of our life unto Him, the better it is for us.
It is very interesting to note that people always point to other fellow Christians as the reason for leaving Christ, leaving church, leaving cell, leaving friends...
BUT aren't we supposed to look at Christ, first and foremost?
Since Jesus is the FOCUS and He never changes, why are we changing our focus?
Know that ultimately it's between God and each individual and His word is the standard for each of us.
We follow His standard, we listen to people who follow His standard.
We are not perfect but we are to be perfect like Him. (Matthew 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.