Friday 13 January 2017

13/365 God loves with an everlasting love

In my observation all these years, most Christians are still stuck at ‘God and me’. They are so preoccupied with how needy they are that they fail to look at the needs of others. Ten years in Christ and I am still hearing the same stuff in church.
Does God love me? (“I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you” Jeremiah 31:3b,c)
How much does He love me? (“that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:17-19),
Why can’t I love God now? Why does God seem so far away? Why can’t I feel God? (“And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.” Matthew 24:12, "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4: 7-8a)
Will God forgive me? (“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14)
Will God leave me? (“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 3:6)
The answers are non-exhaustive in His word. If we love God and believe in His word, why so much doubts? It is because we are still sitting at the throne of our hearts. The King is outside, patiently waiting until the day of His wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.