Wednesday 25 January 2017

25/365 Our leftover 'love' for God

But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.
Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.
(James 3)
The book of James is one of my favourite books. So much wisdom and warning in it. I have been thinking about these verses. God knows and has already told us that our heart is deceitful.
On one hand, we proclaim Christ. On the other hand, we say, "Sorry God, I want this. I don't want this. I believe in this. I don't believe in this, even when it is obviously there, right there, in Your word."
Any wonder that we bless You but we curse the people we don't like?
One leg in Christ, one leg loves the world. Cannot offend people but OK to offend God. I try to imagine myself in Your shoes. What kind of love is this?
Our leftover 'love'. How many couples can tolerate such adultery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.