Monday 2 January 2017

1/365 Broken to be mended

Every first day of a new year is my father's birthday. Not his actual day but because he lost his documents during the chaotic times and therefore every new year is his self-declared birthday. 😀
It then becomes a ritual to start a new year with my God-given family. Without Christ, I would be elsewhere, wallowing in self-pity. God puts reconciliation in this family!
My father is blessed with excellent health at age 81! It is still not easy to talk to him but yesterday I did a new thing. I called to check if he's home from our gathering. Yes, 2017 will be the year when I put the me down and let God help me in establishing a relationship with my earthly father. 💪
No longer so threatening because I have my heavenly Father with me. My father is blessed and I pray one day he knows his Creator who blesses him every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.