Saturday 21 January 2017

21/365 Our seven eleven

Boy's soul was downcast when we met. It is my conviction that God meet us at our needs, just like how Jesus addressed the underlying issues of the Samaritan woman at the well. I used to think that all I have to do is to share testimonies and people will be convinced of God's power and love. While this may work for some, for others like my boy, unless he can witness God's workings in his life, he is not convinced.
I prayed. God, help me to talk to him. Miracles just happened. I thought I have to talk a lot to lift up his spirit but all I needed to do was to direct him to the verses God directed to me. We built on what we had gone through in previous sessions and today, we focused on Matthew 7:11.
“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! God will give you what He knows is best for you. No need to compare with others. Unbelief is a sin.
Suddenly he ohhhh. That's why God didn't give him xxx.
He said he's very sensitive, then understood this has pros n cons. He is sensitive so that he can understand how others feel. Suddenly he came up with the answers to his problems n all I had to do was merely to guide.
I don't have to give answers. I believe in every person's ability to generate options. That's what our sound mind is for. The answers are all in His Word.
This is tough work. Easy way is to direct people to attend church and please study on your own. To journey with someone needs supernatural strength and His wisdom and discernment. No material gain. I only want His "Well-done"!
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.
(Psalm 42)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.