Tuesday 24 January 2017

24/365 Unconventional daughter of God

Wow, this is so apt!
The challenges I face now are nothing compared to my dramatic past. Of course there are days when things go wrong and normally I would complain to God. I still do. I just felt I needed to clarify the misconceptions people have of tutors. Or rather, I thank God that I'm an unconventional educator.
I don't earn big bucks nor do I need to. I don't want my life to be chasing after wealth and lose my spiritual wealth. Therefore I'm a full-time servant for Christ and a part-time tutor to earn a living. I enjoy teaching kids, stretching them and praying that for every kid I teach, I leave God in them. That's value-added service! 
They will do well in their studies when they have their software ready. 
I thank God that because of Him, I can see things differently. He protects me from falls, He lifts my spirit.
He is my Abba and that is my greatest treasure.
I pray you will be curious to know this awesome Man in my life. You will never regret letting Him into your life.
Image may contain: text
The way people treat educators is appalling.
First, the kids are promoted to a higher level each year but parents expect you not to increase the tuition fees. Worse, they lower it and we are talking about 'O' Level Higher Chinese. So easy to teach meh? And I need to take a train to a place not so near home and need to take a bus too.
A labourer is worth his wages. Do to others what you want others to do to you.
Then, some want to have a test lesson. Sure. But I don't do magic in one lesson. You either learn to trust or go shopping for other willing tutors.
Thirdly, a teacher/tutor is just one factor that contributes to good academic results. My more than 15 years of teaching experience has confirmed that family and school environment, the student's attitude, behaviour and study patterns etc contribute to success. And success is not defined by grades only.
I can try my very best to accommodate to your requests but I treasure my principles. If you don't respect the value of education, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.