Wednesday 18 January 2017

18/365 The awakening

From 2006 to 2014, I lived in a beautiful dream. It was perhaps a necessary transition from a life of meaninglessness to finally knowing that I am deeply loved by a God whom I cannot see yet is more real than anything visible.
From the last quarter of 2014 to 2015, I attended some talks on homosexuality, abortion, apologetics on Christianity etc. I am no stranger to social issues since I studied social work in NUS and worked in NCSS for nearly two years. However, after I left the social work industry and became a full-time tutor, my mind became focused on helping kids to achieve well academically. Almost eight years were spent on building the vertical relationship between God and me. I did not realize that I became out of touch with what was happening to our society. These social issues are almost not spoken of in church. It was mind-blowing to know how much we have been shielded from reality and how critical it is for the body of Christ to unite against the eroding values of our society.
"If our faith is unaccompanied by deeds, it would quickly turn into mere outward forms of personal piety, quite divorced from the common issues of daily living."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.